Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Predators game

Preds Game.

I'm not going to lie, I was literally bricking my pants pretty much all day in Nashville, but that might have been more due to the abundance of trail mix than the excitement for the upcoming game. I wore my Nashville Predators jersey on the 30 minute walk from the Hostel. I got a couple of shouts but people were generally oblivious to my support, but it was early yet. As the day went on preds jerseys flocked the downtown. They had a cute little set up outside the rink with live music, a jumbo tron, a big blow up slide and stick hockey for the kids, but my personal favorite was the Whack a Duck they set up.




I entered the stadium as soon as the doors open and got to my seats to wait patiently for some action. Fans slowly trickled in as the pre game warm ups were set to begin.



And of course this idiot had to show up.




I have set up a poll on the blog for you to have a guess at who the most popular Nashville player is, what name do you think is on the most jerseys. I'll reveal the answer after the ducks game. Finally the players hit the ice for a bit of a taste to the action. Amongst the fans and the Nashville players, the mood was festive.







They had their opening let's rock the playoffs video after the warm up which was quite weak to be honest. Nonetheless, seeing the mascot GNash swing down from the ceiling was a pretty good time. I tried to take a few action shots (at the end) but spent most of the time watching the thrilling game. 4-3 with back and forth action, it was amazing. They announced a sold out arena, and it certainly sounded like one, but some seats were evidently empty. Next to me was a very apathetic hockey enthusiast. Didn't really care much for the game, just sat through it. However next to him was actually the assistant coach for the Nashville Predators. She knew exactly when the players should “Get him”, “Shoot the Damn Puck”, “Play Harder”, and “Take it away from him” and she yelled the commands all through the game. Like actually, start to friggen finish. The only piece of mind was when she left towards the end of the second to get some food or something, however in her absent, without her necessary coaching, the predators dropped two goals to Selanee in this time frame. So I guess she was an asset. Here are the good pictures I took. Best wishes.









Woah how did this get in here, some pervert must have stolen my camera.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Hot, er.. the game I mean.
    P not L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nashville Cheerleader Application:
    - big boobs, blonde hair and hot body are all a must
    -ability to skate, not required!

    :P

    ReplyDelete