Saturday, April 16, 2011

Howdy from Nashville Tennessee, Night One

The day that started in Raleigh involved a full 12 hours of bus riding right into Nashville, and in all honesty it wasn't awful.
North Carolina is absolutely beautiful. Some of the nicest forests I have ever driven by, I didn't get any nice pictures from the bus unfortunately, but you could google it if you don't believe me.
Raleigh itself was pretty great too, although I didn't get to see any of it. I did find my favorite commercial of all time though, mostly because it stars my favorite childhood character. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV369kpV4h0

Boarded the bus at 10 AM and, for the first time since the train, sat alone! It was great, absolutely fantastic. I remained alone for most of the trek, all the way to Knoxville Tennessee, which as most of you know is the birth place of Johnny Knoxville, the star of the "Jackass" series.
The next portion of the trip though was a full bus and I sat next to a man who was heading home to his family in Little Rock, who got hit (I was going to write Rocked, but I think that is bad taste) by the massive tornado there Friday. We actually drove through some of the remains, but unfortunately missed all of it.
Once in Nashville I did the walk, originally going the wrong way, from the station to the hostel where I will be staying the next two days. Pretty cool place I must say, I'll grab some pictures tomorrow I suppose. It is all about music though and my presence being related to a sporting event is quite confusing to some of the other guests. The fact that I support the Predators and live in Canada is also quite baffling. I was hoping that maybe, at least in Nashville, would my preds love be accepted. But I guess not. Hopefully tomorrow at the game it will be. On a last note, I can't wait to eat real food. I had a continental breakfast this morning where I devoured three bagels and two Bananas, but tomorrow I shall eat like a king.

No comments:

Post a Comment