Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's set! As of 12 30 AM tonight

That's right folks, I have set my trip. The route, although only a guideline, has been anticipated. The bus schedule determined, the activities planned, and the bus rides anticipated as painful. I have managed to keep it ... not dreadful? There were times where I found myself saying "Oh wow, great, that will only be a 13 hour bus ride, that will be nice." followed by immediate self loathing.
I leave Wednesday morning at 6 AM for Montreal, where I will spend the day amongst friends, trying to gather my spirits for what has been a much criticized trip idea. Some of my closest allies believe I am a lunatic. I have been told "Only you Ray, Only you", "You're crazy!", "That's Ridiculous". A lot of people are critical of my going alone, that it will be torturous solitude for much too long. I think I will benefit from the period of self discovery. I have plans for the bus, including the first two seasons of One Tree Hill and the full series of the Wire. So that should last me to Nashville. I think it is clear that people read lists more than long paragraphs. So I will leave you with this for tonight, since it's like 1 in the morning. I plan on releasing my travel plan in the morning, but I will keep my schedule pretty much to myself in case the blog takes off and people start plotting a mass robbery against me.
So, until tomorrow young ones.

My girlfriend kindly reminded me before going to bed tonight that it would be my last good sleep for a long time. It is the very depressing truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment